Sxybeemr325

Reefing newb
Unknownstuff001.jpg

Unknownstuff002.jpg

Unknownstuff004.jpg

Unknownstuff008.jpg

Unknownstuff009.jpg

:question: :question: :question: :question:

Andy, Yes!!! it looks like this!! So I guess it is that type of algae...... Good or bad??? What would you all do with this??? Should I remove it?

Wow, that's pretty rad...I want some :)

Hey Biff, I saw that you're a PhD student, too. Are you a candidate yet or are you still in pre-quals land like me (for a couple more months, anyway...)?

Padina - Large Micro brown alga - from shallow waters - highly variable in color ranging from yellow to almost black depending on light intensity, size and age or species. So I agree with andy that it appears you most likely have Padina at this point.

Yeah... hum.... Well at least, we finally figured out what it was.... I was wondering... as it is in various places on my rocks, and it grows so fast!

One more question.......
My yellow tang was not eating so bifferwine suggested that I tie the algae sheets to a piece of live rock with a rubberband. Before, i used to clip it to my window with a lettuce clip, but tryed Biff's suggestion. For the past couple days, the algae disapears from my rock. i am not sure if I hav an intruder eating my tang's algae.... or if my tang eats it. Yesterday, I catched a snail on it.... Could it be the snails???Or is my tang eating now???

Well, he is still hiding everytimes he sees me!! Sometimes, i catch him swimming around and grazing on my rocks....But as soon as he sees me, he goes and hide... But most of the time, everytime I walk by, he is hiding or goes and hide.... Am i ever gonna see him? Stupid tang!!! pretty fish, but i never get to see hiM!

Back