more practical way to keep your water crytsal clear

nsousa

Reefing newb
Hey guys so I tried making (baby filter socks) for the intank media they work great at keeping the water clear but as expected they dont last very long due to the filter media used, it only lasted 2 days even though they work phenominal they arent very practical or cost effective. So that lead to me thinking:frustrat: how can I get the same result and make it alot more cost effective and anyone can do it at home no stitching lol!! I've been using this new upgrade for 1 full day and my water looks the same its a huge improvement for the intank media. Ill be posting pics soon let me know if your interested

as promised, here are the photos to the mod its basically a piece of eggcrate that sits on top of the media basket. Th biggest problem with the intank media basket is the water that over flows and doesnt get filtered, notice the eggcrate goes from side to side not allowing any water to go through with out getting filtered. remember the eggcrate rests on top of the media basket. this is a very uselful way to remove alot of particles floatting around in your tank let me know what you think.

Attachments

• intank 2.jpg
    intank 2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 319
  • intank3.jpg
    intank3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 312
  • intank4.jpg
    intank4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 290
  • intank 5.jpg
    intank 5.jpg