More tank, more problems

Meag

Reefing newb
Just saying hi. Recently I replaced my 29 gallon tank with a 120 gallon tank and took on the never ending responsibility of taking care of it. I never realized how much work it was. I guess i was never a very good fish hobbyist before.
Right now I have two tomato clowns but my friend wants to give me two semi picasso clowns. I don't want to say no, but I am unsure on if all four clowns could live peacefully together in my 120 gallon. What does everyone think?

I dont think so also. I had two different clowns in a 6 ft tank and they have fought for yrs. Not to the death but nipping and harassing each other. I would not even think of 4. One good thing about going to a big tank like a 12o gallon tank is the added water volume. It will more forgiving of mistakes and oversights. Good luck on the tank and welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard Meag.
Mike and Mike are right.4 clowns in one tank probably aint gonna work.I wouldnt risk it.

Thanks again. I just wanted to hear it from someone else so I didn't spend my nights wondering what could have been! hehe

I Dont think so but i have 3 clowns in a 210 and the live harmonously. I have 2 orange skunks and 1 maroon. But If it was me I would move the 2 tamatoes and go with the more rare picaso clowns. Just my opinion:twocents:

Well thanks for the advice everyone!

I listened to ya'll and got rid of the tomato clowns to make room for the picassos. I was so proud of myself for even catching them becasue they are quick little buggers! Thanks again! Im so glad I found a forum with such great members!

Back