Moshs New Tank Build

moshuk2007

Reefing newb
Well its been running about 5 days now with live rock in so i thought id share some pictures to see what people think. The plan is to have inverts and coral only, but kinda fancy a couple of fish. Im using 9kgs of live sand and 10kgs of live rock.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Its currently running on the in built filter till i can sort something else out. ive rigged the canopy with another light fitting so got white and marine blue actinic in there. ive also got a korali power head for water flow. I was very pleased with the live rock when it arrived, its buzzing with life. i think its a 120 litre tank so thats about 40 gallon.

First of all, great looking rock work. I have found that corals and invert tend to do better with fish living in the tank. They have a symbotic relationship in the ocean and also in our tanks. You don't have to overstock it, but add two or three nice looking fish to add color, movement and much needed relationships for your corals. Best of luck to you.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Thanks, Tested the water today and everything is spot on and also the mushroom that came on the live rock seems to be pulling through so fingers crossed.

Added my clean up crew a couple of days ago and have gone to work cleaning the rocks which now look even better than when i bought them lol. I got 6 Turbo snails, 6 Blue legged hermits, 1 Skunk Shrimp, 1 Peppermint shrimp and a Pom pom crab. Also the hitchhiking mushrooms have finally pulled through and look excellant. Will post pics tommorrow.

Sorry for no pics as promised the battery died on my camera so been waiting for a replacement. Ive added a Skimmer to the tank now and a pair of clowns. everything is really healthy and doing well. Will post pics as soon as possible.

Back