Moving an anemone?

mcmusashi5

Octopus Wizard
I just got a sebae and I want to move it(knowing full well it might move again). But is there any safe way to move it without hurting it?

I use to help somebody that owned a LFS. We used to hang the anemone updside down with the rock out of the water and the head of the anemone dangling in the water (some of the base out of the water). They would release themselves within an hour. Be sure to keep wetting the base. I would give this a try if you have trouble prying him off.

Don't do this, however, if the rock is too large or you don't have a reliable way to hold it up. I wouldn't want you to break, drop or ruin anything. Remember we did this in a fish store. Just want to let you know it's possible.

the thing is that it is awkwardly lodged between the rock, the sand, and the glass. I want to cause as little damage as possible.

I use a plastic knife gently at the foot of my Condy when I have needed to move him. Keep moving around the foot once you get a spot where you get it to start releasing continue working that spot. I do this will hanging him from the rock outside the water and dunking him to keep moist. Kind of the way Irensing does but I help motivate him gently of course you don't want to hurt it foot. Pry more rock then foot.

Back