Moving Fish to Quarantine - your help please!

But, do i really look that manly in my pic? Maybe i need to change it . . .

Oh dear no! Everyone looks like stick figures or characters from the Simpson's to my , err 40-something eyes in those tiny little profile pics if I'm not wearing my reading glasses! :shock: (I like this face!)

I think a Blue Hippo would look cooler! :D But you'd probably need a bomber plane, not a fighter jet! And not a sports car, but something with cabin-forward design, like a beetle. Yes, a blue tang in a Volkswagon Bug! :D

You mean like this one??

DSC_0063.jpg

And nemo tooo!!! Mine is happy as a clam in my 55, he's about 3" long now. I plan on a 90 in the fall......(shhh. dont tell the wife) But then again the 90 has the same 48" width, so I'm not sure.

And my fis eats out of my hand, so cool, I can pet him, at least he will swim through my hand, its to cool. he comes up to greet me, hides when the wife comes up....he's definately got a personality....

Did you move your fish yet? I was thinking how stressful thats going to be on the Hippo. Maybe you should wait. My Hippo used to get ich on and off, now he's fine, a little larger and stronger I think. The stress of the new qt tank might make him get it all over again. Just a thought.

I interpreted it as he was just making fun of the picture of the tang in the airplane; the size of the cockpit.

LOL, no, I made that comment, and you're right. It was all in good fun It was the comment to me from Sir Alex that bugged me, and I quoted it, and my response was directed at him. All I wanted was some advice from experience, and I got that from little_fish (and you in my other thread !), and I got humor from Seabee!

That was my sole intent.:Cheers:

Did you move your fish yet? I was thinking how stressful thats going to be on the Hippo. Maybe you should wait. My Hippo used to get ich on and off, now he's fine, a little larger and stronger I think. The stress of the new qt tank might make him get it all over again. Just a thought.

No, I chickened out today. It's been a long week and weekend, no time, and now I'm pooped! So I'll wait and see, at least for now. Thanks for asking!

Sorry Im no help to you, but I have a similar question and was wondering if you could help. I had a recent out break of ick in my tank. My yellow tang has it the worst. Ive had him for over 9 months and hes always been happy and healthy. I did a water change and got a new clown fish within a day of eachother. Im not sure which one brought it on the ick but now all 3 fish I have it. My Yellow Tang, new Clown (not sure which kind, im a newbie) and my diamond goby. My only other fish is a damsel and it does not show any signs but Im going to QT him just in case. Besides my Tang and Damsel are close and like to school together, the new clown is starting to join in.

Question 1: I am setting up my QT tank right now, but I wasnt sure if I should put a little bit of sand in there for my goby?? He loves the sand and spends all day sifting around, but most threads online say to leave it empty besides a few pieces of PVC.

Question 2: I read the entire thread and the main debate was about your tang, and the size thank it was in. Is my 28 gallon tank to small for my Yellow Tang?? Hes always seemed to be a very happy, social, and a heathy fish. Besides my goby which stays under rocks a lot, a tiny blue damsel (less than 1 inch) , and the new tiny clown I got which is also less an 1 inch, my Yellow Tang has the rest of the tank to himself, and I dont plan on getting any more fish just a few more corals. Do you think that I am stressing him out by keeping him in my tank? Besides the damsel that I have had since day one of my tank, my Yellow Tang is my second oldest fish and Ive grown rather attached. Should I risk taking him back to the fish store for something smaller, in hopes he finds a new bigger home?

Back