moving shrooms

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I have a small rock with 4 small tonga shrooms on it and was wanting to move them to a bigger rock that wont get moved around so am i able to take the shrooms off of the small rock and move them if so how also if so is it ok to seperate them through out the tank or is it better to keep them all together

My advice at present is to move the rock they are on if small onto the larger rock. if you want to frag, Im not confortable advising you at this early stage of the game as I do not want to be responsible for any losses. maybe some of the members from the club will weigh in here to help as they are fragging quite a lot these days. If you do not get your question answered here send me a pm and Ill help but cannot be responsible for any losses. keep us posted.

no i dont want to frag yet there still small 3 at 1 1/2 in expanded and the 4th 1in expanded the problem is the rock sometimes gets nocked over by animals in the tank when i put on a bigger rock and didnt know if i could remove the shrooms from the small rock and put it on a bigger one

Position the small rock where you want it. use a marine epoxy to keep the small rock in place. the shrooms will multiply and grow onto the adjacent rocks but the epoxy will keep the small rock from getting dislodged. You can get the epoxy sticks for about 8 dollars. clean off the points that touch and put epoxy on the bottom of the rock and push onto the larger. Does this help. Im not quite sure if I understood your question completely.

yes that is a perfect idea i fell like a dummy not thinking of that :frustrat: ill get some epoxy and try that also do the mushrooms reproduce on there own with out fragging?

Back