Mp10 and overflow

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
I am thinking about driving up to the pet place tomorrow to pick up an mp10es, and I've done some review and started thinking, will the motion of the waves cause a loud noise in the overflow box i have? is there anyway around that?

just wondering if anyone has any issues with this... thanks

Hmm, hard to say. I have one in my 30g and I hear nothing from the overflow, not even a slurping sound from the wave being pushed into it. Of course the bottom of my tank area is open so I hear the skimmer and other things going on, so that might be masking any sound it might make.

No, it wont make any noise as far as the overflow box is concerned. I have one on my frag tank, set to reef mode, and I hear nothing when it blasts the tank every minute or so.

I have a MP40 running in reef mode just like Fast, I don't hear any additional noise from the overflow that is next to the Vortech

Hey so i bought the MP10 today... sweet thing...

a few questions from owners... i have it on short pulse and i did the auto wave thing and the wave is pretty small... really no up and down motion but it's really blasting all my corals... how can i get a higher wave, and less vertical blow...

also it goes VVVV, VVVV, VVVV, every time it pumps... kinda loud. I've tried adjusting it all over and i cant seem to stop the purring or make the waves larger... any ideas?

To my knowledge, it won't make a "wave" like a wave maker would. Move it over to Reef pulse, which is yellow. Before you do that set it on constant, and adjust your max flow to where you want it, then press the mode button until it turns yellow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niHDuZ2zi-4&feature=related]Vortech MP10 ES Wave Demonstration.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

Do waves like that only happen because they are in small tanks with no obstructions and small water quantities??

Back