MP40wes On 6ft tank, What mode do you use ??

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I just got my 2nd MP40wes yesterday, I set the thing up and im loving it so far, I was using NTM all the time when I had the single pump, but when I got to use it with both sinked toghether I don't get the side to side sway movement any more, it a little more speratic. So I have found my self using Reef crest mode with the top flow set at 50% I like it because it gives difrent types of flow thru the tank, I use Reef Crest mode in Anti sink mode and I tend to like it. So I just did that yesterday. Today I was using reef crest and then switched it to NTM at 30 % Hoping this will help loosen stuff up at night.

But anyways what modes do you guys with 6ft tanks use with a mostly LPS dominant tank with some SPS.

On another note I notice my nitrates jump a bit since adding the second mp40 not sure what up with that there maybe at about 6ppm right now. so I changed out the filter socks and changed out my carbon also.

I would guess that the new powerhead has reached a low-flow spot and kicked up some crap. 6ppm ain't bad at all, but get em down.

that's what im guessing, but yeah I cleaned out the filter socks so what ever was in there should be gone now. so it should start going down a bit hopefully. I will keep an eye on it.

Yeah its pretty cool, but I fint that some modes work better in anti sink and some in sink mode. im still messing with it until I find a mode I like best. haven't had much chance to mess with it do with work and all. So needless to say cant wait for the weekend, Still getting frustraded with the tham overflow do. im thinking of making the standpipe silenser and maybe that might help with air. if worst come to worst ill just get a 2nd over flow and a bigger return pump.

I only have the one, and it was making one hell of alot of air flow down the pipe until i added the 1 way valve. If you install a tee, you will have the same noise, just located in a different area.

Back