Mr.Tad-the cutest thing out there,or isn't it?

Wildheart

Reefing newb
I have a bicolor blenny in my 30g tank,called mr.Tad(from tadpole).
He was my first fish,and I love him very much!He never had any problems with the other inhabitants.He is quite bizzare,I can say.He doesn't act like all the other blennies I have seen.He floats everywhere in the tank,swims in the current and acts like a sardine rather than a bottom dweller.He is soooooooo funy to watch!

Problem is:blennies are teritorial between them,and even though mine clearly has a human's mind,I am not 100% sure he'll make a difference between a blenny and a gramma, or even a wrasse.Any fish his shape or colour might be atacked...This leads to very few choices when coming to new inhabitants!

We excluded:
gobies
grammas
dottybacks
blennies
coral gobies
some wrasses
cardinal fish(not related,I just think they make too much :pooh:)
and all the other non reef safe species(safety reasons)

This means I am left with pretty much no species to add!Any ideas?:question:

I don't think you need to exclude gobies or wrasses. Especially wrasses -- they are great fish that are usually compatible with blennies.

How about clowns? Or firefish?

I have 2 ocelaris,they are quite small,and I was affraid a sixline would harass them.:frustrat:
I have seen more and more people having both gobies and blennies.I guess blenies would stay in the sand,and Mr.Tad float happily,right?Is it a good idea to try out a firefish?(tank has tight cover-but that's not the problem...I like them schooling,and space doesn't realy offer me that many alternatives)

Signigobius biocellatus looks fascinating!Those eyes are great!:^:
Sadly,I haven't seen one for sale,yet.I will try and talk to the shop to bring some.
I may have luck,they're a nice species!

I have aquired a new fish today:a sixline wrasse!:D
He is quite young,but not shy at all.He has already discovered every nook and cranny in the tank.I was affraid he would fight with Mr.Tad,but they only exchanged a few ''words'' by raising their dorsal fins.They are not friends,just neutral cohabitants!:Cheers:

I have an engineer goby and a yellow watchman goby that live together, a scooter blenny, and a starry blenny and they are all fine with each other. They seem to be pretty peaceful fish.

I have an engineer goby and a yellow watchman goby that live together, a scooter blenny, and a starry blenny and they are all fine with each other. They seem to be pretty peaceful fish.

You've got a much larger tank though for the fish to spread their territories in. Also, the scooter isn't really a blenny, it's a dragonet.

Back