Mushroom dipping?

Cr1ck37

Reefing newb
I got a small (frag?) of red mushroom from one of my buddies to see how my lighting / water conditions are doing for coral. I've been reading that its best to dip them before adding them to my tank? Can anyone explain the best way to do this and what to use? Everyone seems to have their own way I suppose.

I use Seachem Reef Dip. It contains iodine and a slime coat. Prepare the dip, drop the coral in for 3-5 minutes. Shake it off in the solution, and place in RO water and shake it in that as well. Place it in the tank.

Mushrooms are fairly bulletproof. They can take alot of abuse and bounce back. If you are going to use a dip solution, you should add it to a container of your own tank water.

Thanks for the tips! I have some Lugols, I will make a mix with my tank water and dip it before adding it to my tank.

Thanks for the tips! I have some Lugols, I will make a mix with my tank water and dip it before adding it to my tank.

Read the directions, you don't need much, just a couple drops.

Dipping also insures that no pests make it in accidentally. I dip everything now. Seen too many people end up with red bugs and flat worms and the such from not dipping their corals.

Mushrooms are fairly bulletproof. They can take alot of abuse and bounce back. If you are going to use a dip solution, you should add it to a container of your own tank water.
yep, you can put them in a blender and poor back into your dt and have a million shroom's..my buddy in texas prove it..:helm2:

Back