Mushroom ID, plz

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
I picked this up at my LFS, while there for Turbo Snails. I couldn't resist!! I love mushrooms!! The shop owners son said they're a pretty neat find and if I ever see one in Orange to def. pick it up. He called it an Purple Indonesian Rhodactis, but whenever I look that up it brings up crazy looking anemones. All I know is that I like it and it's made a wonderful addition to my tank.... just wondering what the specific name is. Thanks guys

If a mod wants they can redirect this post to my "Tank Showcase" thread.

DSCN5734.jpg

Sorry about the repeat thread. Forgot to put the pic in the first post

Last edited:
Yeah it's still a bit closed up. I think it's in too much flow. I think the technical name is "Mushroom" :) seriously, if you want to know the name you are going to have to take pics without just the actinics on and while the shroom is fully opened. People don't generally get too technical with shrooms I doubt if you'll find a whole lot more than just Actinodiscus sp, Rhodactis sp, or Ricordea.

I'm sorry but that looks strange to me. Anyone else?

You makin fun of my coral mister?!¿! Lol, just kidding. It does look strange but that's what caught my eye. It's kinda shrunkin in by the way. It opens a little whenever my daylights are on. The LFS has one of the Orange ones in their showcase and it's awesome. Def. a lot larger than mine but with time it'll get there. :) don't be hatin!

Yeah it's still a bit closed up. I think it's in too much flow. I think the technical name is "Mushroom" :) seriously, if you want to know the name you are going to have to take pics without just the actinics on and while the shroom is fully opened. People don't generally get too technical with shrooms I doubt if you'll find a whole lot more than just Actinodiscus sp, Rhodactis sp, or Ricordea.

Damn, I wish someone knew a specific name for it but I know it's a long shot. As for flow it's in the far corner from my powerhead so I don't think it's gettin TOO much flow. I'll post some pics of it under the days tom. whenever I'm home. The most odd thing about this piece so far is that there's no noticable mouth on it. I've seen it once and it was green. But then it just melts back into the body. Wierd/AWESOME!

Damn, I wish someone knew a specific name for it but I know it's a long shot. As for flow it's in the far corner from my powerhead so I don't think it's gettin TOO much flow. I'll post some pics of it under the days tom. whenever I'm home. The most odd thing about this piece so far is that there's no noticable mouth on it. I've seen it once and it was green. But then it just melts back into the body. Wierd/AWESOME!
Nice! You will see it from time to time.

It looks healthy but it also looks like its got flow hitting it that is pressing it into the rock? That will be a problem if it is... Either way it's a good looking poo!

Back