Mushroom sitting to high in tank?

devon9832

Reefing newb
Tell me what you guys and gals think?
mushroom1.jpg

mushroom2-1.jpg

Yea, those are micro bubbles and it looks green i think because the tank is up again a green wall.. lol

but back to the question at hand..... is the shroom sitting too high? should i put it lower?

what lights are you running, if pcs then i would say to the middle of the tank, if t-5's or MH then all the way to the bottom with some shading

how can i tell which i have? i brought this set up from a guy and i didn't kno the proper questions to ask. I kno he had about 20 or so huge tanks is his big ass basement.. haha.

do you know what brand the lights are or can you tell waht brand the bulbs are, the bubls usually say what they are. I.E t-8 (pcs) or t-5

i dont believe t8 are pc. If they are pc they will look like two bulbs in onewith like one socket on the end. where as the t5 and t8 have a metal socket on each side. T8 are propably about 3/4 in in diameter while t-5 are real tiny like pinky finger size

that looks like a current usa sunpod...they are metal halide if that is the fixture...real nice Does it have like 1 or 2 clear bulbs that are extremely bright?

and dustin, u right.. i was wrong. the tank is against the white wall so the water is a green color. I have a wet dry sump, how do i get the water to look clear again?

can we see the bulbs with the lights off? also my tank is up against a green wall and it isnt green. it may be your camera. also are you teasting your parameters?

that looks like a current usa sunpod...they are metal halide if that is the fixture...real nice Does it have like 1 or 2 clear bulbs that are extremely bright?
\

YES THEY ARE CURRENT. THATS WHAT THE THING ON THE SIDE SAYS. It has bright white lights as well as blue ones...

it says 65w 420nm actinic... and it has what looks like 4 whites and four blues

can we see the bulbs with the lights off? also my tank is up against a green wall and it isnt green. it may be your camera. also are you teasting your parameters?

i test them weekly and they are all within normal range. I test for PH, Nitrite, nitrate and ammonia.

what can i do to make it look clear again? also i do have wet/dry sum at the bottom

Someone previously said run carbon. I am to new to the game to see if that works but try that. And If you have a wet dry...keep the bioballs xtra clean!

Back