Mushrooms move themselves?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I wasn't aware that mushrooms would move themselves. I had a small rock that had three mushrooms on it and it sat on a large piece of rock for a few months. One day I tried to move is and saw that one of the mushrooms was actually slid to the side of the rock and attached itself to the larger piece of rock so i left it there. Now that one head is totally on the larger piece all by itself. Just wondering if this is typical for mushrooms to just walk off and find a home for themselves? I still have four heads on the small piece. Two are original ones that I got it with and there's two brand new ones. Love seeing my stuff reproduce. Wish my ricordeas would do something. They are well but no signs of growing or anything.

Yep, that is totally normal for mushrooms...everytime it moves, it leaves a small piece which grow into a new mushroom. Congrats. :)

+1 smitty they move and as they move they leave a trail of little ones behind.. I started with one mushroom on a rock and he has placed himself again and I have a trail where he moved through of 8 new ones..:D

Back