my 10g mini reef

Prototype220

Reefing newb
I am starting this thread for my 10g mini reef (started 2/6/12) to get suggestions/comments, questions, or a little :HELP!: when needed! I started it buy shutting down my 55g and just used some of the rock, a blower, my biowheel 250, heater, and sand to cut down cycling time (it was ready in one day)! Please feel free to tell me what you think, I don't bruise easily so be honest & I will try to keep this up to date as much as possible :D

Attachments

• IMG_0263[1].jpg
    IMG_0263[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0297[1].jpg
    IMG_0297[1].jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0311[1].jpg
    IMG_0311[1].jpg
    46 KB · Views: 467
  • 2012-03-04 17.43.14.jpg
    2012-03-04 17.43.14.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_0326[1].jpg
    IMG_0326[1].jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 818
It looks very nice to me...good job. Eventually, you'll want to remove that bio-wheel filter, because it cause nitrate issues down the line. :)

What kind of nem is that? Really, nems need a very established tank with perfect water conditions. Be careful because if it dies in your tank, it will nuke the entire tank and kill everything.

It looks very nice to me...good job. Eventually, you'll want to remove that bio-wheel filter, because it cause nitrate issues down the line. :)

yea bioballs = :frustrat: . later on

is that the JBJ led system??? ur the first ive seen with it, how is it?

Thanks everyone! It is a beaded/aurora anemone and we'll see if he gets some color back...he was white when i bought him and havent seen his species before. They can get their color back with some tlc, but ALL of them at the lfs were white. Also, i have had that biowheel for 4 years with no problems with weekly water changes :-)

And yes it is the jbj, and I LOVE IT! Cant even turn it up all the way because the anemone and cleaner shrimp hide from it! Want the remote for it though so i dont have to manually turn the lights up and down to mimick the sun, i can program it

Took back the anemone after I did a lil bit of research on him being white/bleached. Have near perfect water conditions (nitrates are between 5 &10, but that's good for a biowheel), However, he still didn't look happy. So I traded him for a galaxea, and a ricordea mushroom! Also, my Onyx Perc came in and he is a happy addition to my tank :D! See pics below...

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC05382.jpg
    DSC05382.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 357
A good choice and I love the new additions! The galaxia coral has super long feeder tentacles, so make sure you give it plenty of room.

Back