My 20 gallon (still in the works)

quality_reefer

It's good stuff...
Hi there! First post of my tank and it's pretty basic at the moment so be gentle =)

As the title says, it's a modest 20 gallons but I plan to do as much as I can to make it a great tank.

The tank is about 6 months old at the moment.
- Stock hood ( 8,000k T8) This will be replaced verrry soon with that T5 that I hear so much about)
- Aquaclear filter thats being phased out until my HOB skimmer comes in
- 23lb. live rock.
- Last but not least...my little clown fish.

Tomorrow I'm heading to the LFS to grab some more necessities. I really want to get a powerhead, should I grab one or two? I'll also be looking for a light replacement.
If anyone could suggest some other great essentials for the tank then I'd love to hear it. I plan to add coral once the tank has had more time to adjust.

Attachments

• 318.jpg
    318.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,166
  • 317.jpg
    317.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 678
  • 320.jpg
    320.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 607
Looks good!

I would get 2 power heads Koralias are the best IMO.

Not sure what your budget is but I got my 2 bulb T5 light at petco for about 50 bucks and just replaced the bulbs with quality ATI ones which come in lots of color combos.

I personally am very fond of my diamond sandsifting goby, they will keep your sand very clean and aerated which will take away that building up you see against the glass. It was the first fish I got and I have had mine for a year now he is fun to watch and functional at the same time.

Hey Q_reefer. I too only have a 20 gallon, although its a long version so its a little different than yours. I fully agree with Amber, Koralia is the way to go. I have 1 425gph at the moment it creats alot of flow, but i think 2 would be better. I plan on getting another one soon. Looks Good. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be at the LFS today so hopefully they'll have that sand sifting goby. As long as I find a fish that wont bully the clown then I'm all for it. I'll look for two power-heads while I'm there as well. For placement I have been reading that you don't want them pointing against each other but they should be on the back of the tank pushing forward and one towards the surface, is that correct?

I don't know about your LFS but Koralia powerheads are alot more expensive at mine than they are online and that included adding shipping. I've got two of the 425's in my 36g and they do a great job creating flow. I would definitely recommend online for powerheads, lights, protein skimmer, etc as it will almost always be cheaper.:sfish:

Back