my 3 camera choices

I really like my Olympus DSLR the E510. Nice and small body and the lenses are reasonably priced. I got my macro lens for $349.99 (Can.) and it works great.

It is also very user friendly.

I don't know if they still make this model but Olympus is just as comparable to Nixon and Canon IMO.

Jenna

I have a D3000 and it works pretty fine for me. I use it to shoot my tank all the time. Its a low end affordable dslr out there. Its discontinued now so maybe the price probably dropped. If youre on a budget, check out adorama.com for refurbrished cameras and used ones. They work fine and are cheaper.

I have the very first version of the Canon EOS rebel, and also the newer one, Canon EOS Rebel T2i. All of the latest Rebels can shoot HD video as well. Really good camera. The video crop mode is great. It allows you to really zoom in on tiny things.

Starting at about 1:54, it's the super-zoom in mode. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmvc4LCcXw[/ame]

Last edited:
I think I want to go with the Canon rebel t1i. But quick question. On b and h it says image stabilization body:no. What does that mean? And I heard if lenses have motor built in then it's mire expensive, so get a camera with the motor built in so the lenses are a little less expensive. How do I know if this camera has a built in motor

Image stabilization is done on the lens and Canon do it really well. When you buying just the camera body, of course it would say image stabilization body: no.

All the rebel can take both lens that have the fast motor build in or it does not. You don't have to worry about it. It simply just work.

Now I'm feeling the Nikon d5000. Look I dont know which one I'm going to get yet but I'll update this thread when I do. Until then I will leave you guys alone, cuz I'm only making myself crazy. Lol. *cough cough someone read my tank thread and let me know what y'all think of my idea cough cough*

Back