My 3 Month old aquarium

MikeYG1345

Reef observer
Greetings I would like to share some pictures and a brief rundown of my 100 uk-liter tank its 3 months old and my first reef aquarium. The cycle went pretty smooth levels remained as expected for about a 5 week period, i left it for a few more weeks then decided it was time to add a small cleaner crew (snails and hermits) shortly followed by a peppermint shrimp an emerald crab and a cleaner shrimp. Yesterday i added a colony of Zoathids as im sure you looked at the pictures before reading this, as you can tell i have not added any fish yet the reason is 1) im enjoying taking it slow allowing the tank to mature 2) iv had an issue with a TMC V300 protein skimmer, the issue is that, its rubbish so im looking to upgrade to a Reef Octopus bh1000 and i would prefer to have a fully functioning protein skimmer before adding fish. So far iv done 2 small water changes over the whole period is this what i should be doing? I also put food into the tank every 5-7 days.

IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG

Sounds like you've done your reaseaech. Well done. Looks great.

Thank you, this aquarium has been about 2 years in the making - slowly collecting equipment and yes iv done alot of research - probably a bit to much - but im glad, its paid off and now im super happy with my set up can wait to add fish - once again thank you for your reply glad it meets your approval.

Thank you, this aquarium has been about 2 years in the making - slowly collecting equipment and yes iv done alot of research - probably a bit to much - but im glad, its paid off and now im super happy with my set up can wait to add fish - once again thank you for your reply glad it meets your approval.
It's not a matter of approval. It's more that's it's really nice to see ! You will probably make mistakes along the way like we all have but by doing research like you have the mistake will only be little and not a disaster Lol.

Your tank is looking really nice, I think the best thing you have for this hobby is patience. That combine with your research will take you far. I constantly have to tell myself that nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. I look forward to seeing your next update.

Any fish yet?

Nope still no fish yet im waiting for a reef octopus protein skimmer to arrive first

Your tank is looking really nice, I think the best thing you have for this hobby is patience. That combine with your research will take you far. I constantly have to tell myself that nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. I look forward to seeing your next update.

Thank you, the next time i update would be when i add some fish cant wait.

Back