My 4 year old mixed reef tank

karensroseanemones

Anemone Queen
Here is my 125 gallon mixed reef.
I have xenia.Shrooms and Anemones in this tank along with yellow,black and white Sargent major damsels and blue Damsels along with yellow Tang,dragon wrasse and coral beauty.
This tank is 4 years old. I had to take off 10 pics so will add them to the next post
7-31-09125gallon4.jpg

anemonebubbledbaby.jpg

anemone3-31-09.jpg

anemonescloseup.jpg

anemonerightaftereating.jpg

babyrosebubbled2.jpg

newfish4.jpg

right3-18-09.jpg

shroomsonrightsideoftank.jpg

7-10-0910.jpg

6-24-0929.jpg

7-10-0919.jpg

7-10-0925.jpg

7-16-0930.jpg

Just wondering what kind of hardware are you using? Sump/refugium? What type of lights? Etc....

Morning Ted, I am using a 72Inch orbit fixture with 6VHS bulbs.Up on feet that I bought separate.
I do not run a sump or fuge, underneath I use for storage of fish stuff.
I use hang on back filter with the blue material changed out ever 3 days.
A skimmer that is hang on the back and 4 powerheads in it.
Thats it.

Interesting. I use to have a hob filter but when it died I went with a canister with a internal uv. I clean it weekly. I have a hob fuge that has a skimmer built in. Dont like the skimmer but havent found a hob skimmer that I like. I had a bak pak 2 but it started leaking and it pissed me off when I couldnt get it to stop so I killed it. What type of skimmer are you using? I got home from work about 45 minutes ago so its not my morning yet but thanks just the same.

Interesting. I use to have a hob filter but when it died I went with a canister with a internal uv. I clean it weekly. I have a hob fuge that has a skimmer built in. Dont like the skimmer but havent found a hob skimmer that I like. I had a bak pak 2 but it started leaking and it pissed me off when I couldnt get it to stop so I killed it. What type of skimmer are you using? I got home from work about 45 minutes ago so its not my morning yet but thanks just the same.
The skimmer is a simple seaclone and I use them on 2 of the 3 tanks I have. They are the only ones I will use as most just don't do the job that these do, you can see pics of them on my site.

Back