My 5g tank.

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Just started with the cycle tonight, praying it wont be a long one. It's the Fluval spec with all stock and a hydor circulation pump.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 313
OK, sand settled down and my 5yr old and 4yr old scrubbed the glass clean lol. I did an ammonia test with Nutrafin just to try them out, but i will get an API and a Salifert test kit soon.
Here are some pics of the tank now and a test result.For $22.00 it better be good.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 295
Did you upgrade the stock lighting? If not, you'll probably only get away with very low lighting corals. The stock LEDs are meant more for freshwater viewing

I got a Coralife Mini ,cause it was cheap. Will order another later though donno what kind yet.
Also wohooo i found a snail the size of a grain of sand lol.I thought it was just debris at first but then i saw movement.So its my first living thing that i can actually see with the naked eye.Wish i could tag it and release it lol.

Now heres comes the big Question that i should already know. Should i take the shrimp out now that my Ammonia lvls are high or should i just leave it in there till the end? My other tank kinda cycled in 3 days. But cant rtemember if i took shrimp out or not att.

A three day cycle? Did you take a lot of already cured live rock from another system?

I would remove the shrimp now that ammonia has spiked. Next will be nitrites. Once your ammonia and nitrites hit zero, you can do your first water change and you're ready to go.

Now heres comes the big Question that i should already know. Should i take the shrimp out now that my Ammonia lvls are high or should i just leave it in there till the end? My other tank kinda cycled in 3 days. But cant rtemember if i took shrimp out or not att.

This is 100% up to you. I always just let it dissolve.

Back