My 65g Bowfront

rjd0521

Reefing newb
Hi all, this is my 9 months old 65 gallon bowfront. I am planning on changing the lights as currently have T8's 10k and actinics (which is not good for reef). I dont have a picture of the filtration but it is a 10 gallon sump with a filter sock, 50w heater, a Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 cone, and a rio 1800 return. In the tank I have a JBJ 9w UV, and 2 Koralia 550.

I would prefer to have a bigger sump but a 10 gallon is the only thing that would fit under the stand.

Let me know what you guys think.

2efj1ur.jpg

2d0ym3c.jpg

ae1e10.jpg

23kbvcp.jpg

2jfartz.jpg

2z5rrjm.jpg

nf1e11.jpg
\

35iupg4.jpg

Last edited:
I have re-uploaded the pics.

Let me know what you guys think.

Im a newbie!!!

Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
The inhabitants are:
a clown fish
a baby clown fish
a tang (i think)
a small Volitan Lion fish
a baby bamboo shark that I hatched from an egg.
a Mandarin
a fire shrimp
a blue lobster
Three anemones.
Sand star
Orange star
and a cleaning crew.
I used to have an Octopus in there but gave him to a better home.

congrats for hatching the bamboo shark, i know its a very challenging thing to do. However, you should find him a better home. A 65 gal tank is much too small, and its also too small for the tank (kole tang i think).

I didn't see him come out of his egg. I woke up one morning and found out that I had an extra fish in the tank lol. He ate frozen squid right away. The shark will go to my friend really soon. He has a 500 gallon reef tank. I will do so in the next couple of months.

wow! what a lucky guy. They can be hard to hatch because sometimes they will stop breathing while they are in the sac and you have to perform fishy CPR, and they can have other issues if they dont start eating right away. He is also very luck to have such a nice, large home available for him.

Back