My Birthday Present

MitchReef

reef noobie, since 1986
I got my birthday present a week early because of what one of my LFS's did this weekend....they have crazy markdowns on a couple of things, just for the weekend, every other week....this week it was a Powder Brown Taqng for $29.99....it is healthy, fat, feeding well and has been in the store for 2 weeks....I was concerned about throwing him in with 2 Clowns that have been in there for a couple of weeks, but he hid under a shelf rock for about 2 minutes, then came out and asserted himself and he's the instant Alpha Fish!!!!

Pics will follow...I still have him under only blue leds.....

His color has gotten a bit lighter, stress reduced...now he has the beautiful powder brown color.....Seems to be right at home in the tank....

We have so many LFSs here in greater Orlando that some resort to deep sales on an item or two, just to get you in...I recently got a box of Reef Crystals for $40!

Beautiful fish. Wish i could get one. Dang what store was that. I went down to cultured reef to grab my new dry rock and grab a box for $49. Are you going to the space coast reef conference this weekend?

The LFS was Top Shelf Aquatics on Aloma in Winter Park....You need to get on their email list, they pop out deals like that every couple of weeks via email. Usually just 1 or 2 day offerings but worth watching for.....Cultured Reef is great, I got my sand from Dick....

I will be there at the conference....just watch for 6'4, white hair and biker moustache....I will probably be wearing my FRAG t-shirt....and making lots of noise!!!! I'm a bit of a boisterous old cuss!!!!

Steve knows me well, just ask him to point me out...

Mitch

The LFS was Top Shelf Aquatics on Aloma in Winter Park....You need to get on their email list, they pop out deals like that every couple of weeks via email. Usually just 1 or 2 day offerings but worth watching for.....Cultured Reef is great, I got my sand from Dick....

I will be there at the conference....just watch for 6'4, white hair and biker moustache....I will probably be wearing my FRAG t-shirt....and making lots of noise!!!! I'm a bit of a boisterous old cuss!!!!

Steve knows me well, just ask him to point me out...

Mitch
haha. i'll have to get on the mailing list. is that on there website. dick is awesome. got all my dry rock from him for the new build. hes a really cool guy def worth the 90 min drive to see him.
sadly i can't make this one again. everyone at work is basically on vacation and they basically cancelled mine out of the equation.

I don't have much of a bad side....and I'm 75 pounds lighter....now just have a biker Fu-Manchu moustache....also white now....

Haha sounds good. I could never grow my facial hair out. My Fiancee would try and shave it off while I was sleeping... I'd end up getting butchered lol

Back