My Clownfish

cobbetto

Reefing newb
I Have One Percula And One Maroon Clownfish.my Maroon Loves The Anemone I Have But The Other One Stays On Top Of The Water And Is Always Facing Downward. Don't Know If This Is Common But He Always Stays In One Area And Doesn't Swim Alot.
Any Suggestions

Mine does the same thing. He also likes to just hang around the powerhead and always is at the top of the water.

My clowns does the same!!! What's up with the clowns chilling on top of the water!??!! lol...Sometimes, they actually go in the middle, but they still hang around the top a lot.... And my clowns are eating as well....

cobbetto said:
I Have One Percula And One Maroon Clownfish.my Maroon Loves The Anemone I Have But The Other One Stays On Top Of The Water And Is Always Facing Downward. Don't Know If This Is Common But He Always Stays In One Area And Doesn't Swim Alot.
Any Suggestions

Just wondering why all your words start with a capital letter?

Not that it matters, just wondering.

they dont the first word of the second sentence is not capitalised :D now Yes clownfish are retarded however they dont all do it mine do not do it one stays middle one stays low there different as long as the color is good and there eating and do swim some I wouldnt worry over it all that much.

Jelleyman, If you buy an anemone for the clowns, and let's say the decide to host it, then will they tend to hang out more at the bottom of the tank around the anemone???

Can't wait for my tank to be ready for an anemone!!! Hopefully the clowns will host it..... As I have the same problem... They just stay on top of the water..... Seems like i'm not the only one!!

I posted about this as well...not to be a downer, but the clown I bought on Saturday that was doing this died last night - no symptoms beyond the playing dead at the top of the water bit. Too strange - the other one I bought is just fine. I'm surprised they don't warn you about these guys - aren't they considered a begginer fish? I stared at the thing forever wondering what I was doing wrong.

Anyway - good luck with yours!

Sorry for your loss though remember, You have done nothing wrong this does happen there are specifics you want to look for when purchasing fish One is the tank clean, is there compatibility, will the shop owner let you watch them eat, are they swimming, do they look sick or diseased, and when you do get them you want to have 2 tanks up one for your show tank and one for a quarentine tank set them in the quarentine tank for two weeks observe them is they do well go ahead and put them in your show tank if they do not there is something wrong with them may it be disease, or parasite. Hope this helps.

Back