My coral banded shrimp, aka Lil B@$t@rd

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I finally have photographic evidence that my CBS has homicidal tendency's. For those of you who dont know he has killed some of my shrimp and fish. He is super aggressive and even attacks my hand sometimes. I came home this morning to find him trying to attack my urchin. Needless to say my urchin wasn't too scared of him.
0062.jpg

That sucks.

I never had a good feeling about them. I don't trust something that has 2 good sized pinchers.

I'd go 100 to one avor of the shrimp.Those Coral Bandeds are in the same league as damsils,There the spawn of satan.

Last edited:
You really need to catch that guy and get him out of there. Time to go fishing. Yote can probably tell you the best way to catch a CBS -- dynamite! (His answer to everything).

You really need to catch that guy and get him out of there. Time to go fishing. Yote can probably tell you the best way to catch a CBS -- dynamite! (His answer to everything).

:mrgreen:I wouldnt blast the lil feller:mrgreen:
I would use the same method I use for rouge crabs though.Chicken neck tied to a string,ease em up close enough to get a net under em.
Then beer batter and hot grease,ice cold bud ice,and you got a snack:bounce:

try catching them like freshwater crawfish. use a piece of fishing line with a hook on it. put a piece of bacon on the hook and dangle in front of him. when he bites it pull him out of the tank. if you dont have hooks and line a piece of thread and a paperclip will work too.

yote you sure seem to be the man on wrangling critters! still waitin for details on damsil fishing. did you actually hook him?

I haven't "gotten rid of him" yet because if I buy a predator I want him to be the first meal. Except I afraid he so freaking mean he may win.... piece of :pooh:!

definately a good idea to hold out for a preditor tank, then feed him up. he will be a nice meal as opposed to one bite for you as tempting as it may sound. i really thing i am going to get an octopus this fall.

Back