My Coral Collection

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I just couldn't help it...I bought a ton of corals. Softies of course but I was hard to stop.

Now that I see all these sites with so many cool colors I wish I would have looked around more.

Here is my list and costs.

2 Ricordea frags made into one big one. $40
1 Zoa with about 14 flowers $10
1 Clear Bubble Coral about the size of a baseball $45
1 Green Bubble Coral about the size of a softball $60
1 Green and Purple FRog Spawn with 3 and a half heads $40
1 Green Mushroom $5
1 Blue Mushroom $5
1 Brain about 4 inches(orange) $60
1 neon green candy cane with probably 10 heads at least $50
1 Green Torch Coral with 2 heads decent sized $40
1 Nuclear Green Poly - 2 Headed $10

The green mushroom has about 4 zoanthids growing off it's side.

I have also noticed these very small purple looking things growing next to a few corals. They look like little bushes but it is hard to make out their exact shape.

I am not going to be shopping for any more corals although I really want some blue stuff and some more orange.

This guy told me he uses Fuel and his corals love it and grow really well.

You have some potent stingers there! b carefull with placement, the large polyp stonys u have (bubble,torch,frogspawn) will reach out touch some one!-keep the brain (LPS also) well away from the three i mentioned a single sting can kill it!

Yeah I have them all far away from each other right now and when they get their final spots I will keep them away from each other as much as I can.

I wouldn't know how to trim them if they ever star touching.

I always see corals so close to each other in tanks where I can't see how they can stop them.

The eupyhlia(frogspawn/torch) have super long sweeper tentacles 8"-10"+ and if they sniff a competitor will activley go after, the bubbles are the most potent stingers but have much shorter sweepers-3" so keep there reach in mind.
If the frogspawn is branching(para divisa) it could double its size in a year keep that in mind also! good luck,

Corals of closley related species can touch with no interaction or aggression-e.anchora/e.divisa(frogspawn/hammer) and many acropoids-sps-typically if there found co existing in nature there fine,corals not naturally found together will show aggression-best to build a reef with naturally occuring animals not worry about the warfare!

I wouldn't know which ones I have can be close together.

Both of my bubble corals look different. One has big bubbles and it purply white and the other has many smaller green bubbles.

Can you tell me from my list or where can I find a complete coral online source as many only have a few.

Big bubbles sound like plerogyra- small bubbles could be several diff species-you need to know care and compatability before u buy!! good book R. Shimek 500+essential to know inverts-for online resources -saltwaterfish.com/marinedepot/foster&smith ect. all have pictures with care and compatability! always research before u purchase.

Just fyi, the following corals are LPS corals, not softies.

1 Clear Bubble Coral about the size of a baseball $45
1 Green Bubble Coral about the size of a softball $60
1 Green and Purple FRog Spawn with 3 and a half heads $40
1 Brain about 4 inches(orange) $60
1 neon green candy cane with probably 10 heads at least $50
1 Green Torch Coral with 2 heads decent sized $40

But they are hard, they have a calcium skeleton. Its mis-leading and incorrect to call them softies. Softies are very different from stonies

Sorry its just what I call them. I just do so just leave your correction wherever I say it. Don't be mad at me though it isn't the end of the world.

Actually you have to remember that hundreds of people look at this site everyday. Some newbie is going to look at that and be like "cool! those are softie corals and are going to do great in my tank if i just chuck them in there and still have crappy water quality and not very much light!!" when in actuality, they are not going to do well.

Last edited:
Fine you are right I have a headache now. I wont even say sorry just coral. They can figure out the rest on their own. I had to ask actually you gals and guys myself.

Back