my croal band shrimp.

Bluesaltwater87

Aquarium System Design
My shrimp that i just got about a mounth ago has started doing somthing i dont think is good. He was fine when i got him and my fish would get in front of him so he could clean them but now it is like he is sick. the best way for me to say it is he is doin handstands in the tank and curaling up his legs but he is still alive. I just dont get it. and when i try to tuch him he swimms off. :frustrat: <<<<<< how i feel.
if anyone has any idea please leave a comment

Hi,
Everyone is going to want to know your numbers so we can help you so please post your salinity and stats from your reef test kit. You say he is a coral banded shrimp that was cleaning your fish?

+1 on the water parameters

Also CBS are very aggressive shrimp I would say he is doing displays to scare off the fish. They are well known for catching and eat fish, so i would get rid of him before he makes a snake of your other critters.

hey all ya i tested my tank twice and everything is in the normal range. and yes he was cleaning them idk why but he was.

and that is one of the things i was thinking as far as his aggression but he dos not bother the fish or any of the rest of the tank. he is acting like he is sick but from all the test i have done. there is no copper in my system at all and my RODI unit has no TDS in the water.

so i am still watchin to see what happens. o he did molt befor this happend would that have anything to do with it?

my salinity is at 1.025.
and i have a grounding rod in the tank to take the volts out.
all my lvls are normal and i checked all the EQ.
everything is running fine. all my fish are happy look to be fine
it was just him.

Back