My DIY Frag Tank

JohnnyBoy

Reefing newb
Just wanted to share with you all my DIY 10g frag tank that I did today. Originally it was going to be a mini reef but since I am going to give fragging a go.....I decided to go ahead and try that. If it doesn't work out for me, I'll go back to the original plan:mrgreen:

Materials and steps:
1 sheet of egg crate
DSC00119.jpg

Old Rio pump I had laying around
DSC00123.jpg

50 watt heater and Marineland power filter I had gotten about a month ago
DSC00124.jpg

I decided to make Three shelves. One is 16"x8" and Two are 7"x6".
DSC00120.jpg

The bottom large shelf is 3" off of the bottom and the other Two shelves are 4" over the bottom shelf.
DSC00121.jpg

I made the legs with jointing strips of plastic that are used to hold plastic pegboard sheets together. They fit in there tight enough where you don't even need to glue them....but I did anyways:mrgreen:
DSC00122.jpg

And here she is assembled
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

All comments and suggestions welcome. Well, I'm off to go play with some water and salt. I still have to go get the lighting but hey........that can wait a couple of days.

Thanks everyone! I actually just got that set up and got all my fragging tools but still don't even have anything to frag because I'm still cycling my 75/g tank. Anyone want to make any donations:D I actually got it started for my own pleasure. I want to be able to trade with people and such but don't have anything to trade yet:grumble: My friend told me he was going to give me some rubble he had that had some Green Star Polyps (which is one of my favorites) but when he got home the other day after a vacation trip..........all had died. He lost power for a few days!

Back