My first and new corals!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I got all these corals so now I hope everything is ok for them. I was going to buy a big one but didn't think I had room but now I see I should have bought it.

Oh well these will do for now.

First are just the corals.

Attachments

• Coral 1.jpg
    Coral 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Coral-2.jpg
    Coral-2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Coral-3.jpg
    Coral-3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Torch.jpg
    Torch.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Zoa.jpg
    Zoa.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 517
These are just other ones I snapped.

Attachments

• Blue-Mushroom.jpg
    Blue-Mushroom.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Pic-Fish.jpg
    Pic-Fish.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Pic-Fish-2.jpg
    Pic-Fish-2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Pic-Fish-3.jpg
    Pic-Fish-3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 296
The torch is missing a whole thing. I guess it was like that when it was in the tank but I didn't see it until I got home.

Maybe they took it out to grow more. I don't think it will ever come back.

The had a HUGE bubble coral and an awesome decent sized Hammer coral(green and purple) but until I got home I couldn't visualize it fitting.

I bought a magnesium test from Salifert so I would have it.

Congrats! Those are all good choices for first corals. That part of the torch isn't going to grow back -- it's just dead skeleton. If the torch does grow for you, it will branch off from the parts that are living.

Should I crack it off or just not risk it.

Nothing is glued yet. They all actually have a nice resting spot with no glue. I had to glue those one frags in the second pic. I wish I knew their names but I forgot and the receipt doesn't say. They are like a torch but looked like a brain coral(not a disc)

If I had more open space I would love those or the other flat corals. I am just going to plan the next tank for sure. I want to build it dry and have an idea of the finished look after corals and I will even make platforms for certain ones that of course will be hidden after they grown but will give me a great advantage over just setting them on rocks.

Bigger tank with open spaces.

You can break it off if you think it's ugly. It won't harm anything unless you accidentally tear the living flesh. The names of your corals are, in order:

neon green candy canes
ricordea
brain
torch
zoanthids

You really need to get working on bringing down your nitrates now that you have these corals. Keep up your consistent water changes and watch your feeding.

But they all look great! I especially love that torch

Yes I am doing a water change today but I haven't checked the Salinity of my new water yet.

I had been adding it the last 3 days for evaporated water since my tanks salinity was .021 and I wanted to raise it to .023 at least.

I am not much on making it any higher but I was not aware of what the corals like or need.

I figured if my new water is about .023 and the tank is .022 I would be good to change out 15%-20% as I have about 20% sitting in there. I do not want to remove more than I have.

I use those 3gal drums to fill it and since there is no actual mark on them I can never tell how much extra is in them. I will have to get a measuring cup and fill one just to get a mark and then somehow mark the Brute so I don't have to count anymore. I have lost track before but I know about where 20 gallons is in it.

Also I didn't know if I should leave the lights on longer now. They are 2 Blues from 5-12PM with the other blue and 3 whites from 6-11PM. I have the 6 bulb Nova fixture.

Gotta go to Sams Club haha be back later.

Back