my first coral...any tips

2 coral.jpgthis is my first one i got it for $10 any tips ..and how can i make spread out on the live rock...i ckeck all my levels and there ok...any tips.....:bounce:=]​

Those are zoanthids -- great choice for a first coral! They will spread on their own. They tend to spread pretty quickly, especially the green variety that you got. All they need is good water and some light.

Whenever I get a piece that size, I'll take a few cuttings and glue them onto a couple small rocks. The parts you took off will quickly regrow, and you'll also have a new colony in the making - when it gets big enough, you can trade that in for another coral frag.

The sooner you frag your original piece, the more you'll have down the road.

Nice looking zoahs. Where did you get them? All zoahs really need is light and they will grow for you.

Its been 3days and my coral has not opened...but i have another one but its smaller and that one does open...what can be the problem

well zoahs sometimes do that. How did you acclimate it? Also what type of light are you using? If your light is stronger it could be you need to acclimate it to your light. Start it low in the tank then move it up over a few weeks to where you want it. Are your parameters ok in the tank? could be ph, temp or sailinity. Lots of different things it could be give more info. Another thing is they close up when anything touches them so if hermits are climbing on it that would keep it closed also.

Back