My first pest! A minor question first...

jbrother

Reefing newb
So I was doing my nightly inspection of the tank and noticed a little guy sprouting off my LR. It fits the description of aiptasia perfectly so I'm going to treat it as that. I have had very few issues with my tank since I got it going and this will be my first test...for some reason I'm excited.

I have been browsing through the forums and I read that a lemon juice injection works great and is cheap. My only question, which might sound really...really silly is, where can I find a needle to inject this little baddie? I'm sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm almost certain you cannot buy these in stores as it's illegal...am I wrong?

Thanks!

Nevermind! I did some more searching from other threads and saw I could try getting them at any local CVS or Walgreens.

Mods feel free to delete this post as I think I found the answer already! =)

Well I haven't had much luck with lemon juice, but I have had a lot of success with Aiptasia X. Just in case the lemon juice doesn't cut it for you, keep that in mind. :)

And yes, you can get syringes/needles at the drug store.

In my experience, lemon juice just irritates them and end up fouling the water.
Worst case is they explode and you end up with a lot more of the little buggers.

I have better results with Aiptasia X. They eat it up and it clogs up their mouth so they cannot eject their babies. Then they are poisoned from the inside.

Both lemon juice and a calcium paste injection have worked for me just fine but I know there is more " specialty " products to deal with them just watch your levels after it dies

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna go with the AiptasiaX. I think it'll be worth it in the end since it says it can kill ~100 per bottle. I only have one verrry tiny little guy growing in there. I'm not even sure I have the dexterity to get him, hahaha.

To be honest, it looks kind of pretty.

Thank again for your advice!

I had to keep using AiptasiaX on them in my tank. It never killed them, just stunted them for several days, then they'd come back smaller. The only things that worked for me are a few Peppermint Shrimp, but I had quite a few aiptasia before I decided to really do anything about it. :)

Back