My first reef build

ok so now ive got my sump and some check valves coming to finish up the plumbing.i well post some pics as soon as i can shes getting dressed slowly:ROFLMAO: hahaha.so i nned some advice on how to start mixing saltwater up the best way to do this maybe a trashcan or somthing..

Yep. New, clean garbage can. I use a brute 32 gallon can with a powerhead and heater to make my saltwater. Works great.
yep watched a utube video were some dude used a brute on wheels seemed like a good idea just wanted to hear from more follks on what works for them

Well got the sump and the check valves,and my stand cut out to fit the sump. Now to figure how to get a level surface for the sump because the particle board of this tank and stand that i got has been wet before and is messed up.
IMG_20140322_005254.jpg
ill try for some pics of this too.

Well got the sump and the check valves,and my stand cut out to fit the sump. Now to figure how to get a level surface for the sump because the particle board of this tank and stand that i got has been wet before and is messed up.View attachment 22375 ill try for some pics of this too.
Cut a pice of 3/4" plywood to the footprint of your stand and screw it to the particle board. But use "A/C" plywood the glue in it is rated for exterior use.

Reef tank definitely!!:thumbsup::LOL:
stocking list is still in the works, i got ideas but the wife has a budget :( won her over on an angel possibly a coral beauty. Definitely a mandarin goby and a lawnmower blenny...some blue chromis, a six line wrasse (My two year old would like Nemo :X3:) so maybe a tomato clown, so many choices thinking at least one sps and lps to start obviously not all the fish at once...wife wants to help pick corals still narrowing our choices

If you're going reef, I would stay away from angels. They nip at corals. If mandarin is a must, look at the ora ones that are tank raised. So much easier to care for.
If you choose lps or sticks, they need 2 different water qualities. Sps looks awesome when I run my protein skimmer 24/7 but lps likes dirty water.

If you're going reef, I would stay away from angels. They nip at corals. If mandarin is a must, look at the ora ones that are tank raised. So much easier to care for.
If you choose lps or sticks, they need 2 different water qualities. Sps looks awesome when I run my protein skimmer 24/7 but lps likes dirty water.
thanx for the info man i should have a better coral list after the tank is sound and running in its cycle.......

Back