My first reef build

Get some egg crate from Home Depot or Lowes and some 3/4" PVC coupling fittings, cut the egg crate to the foot print of your skimmer, drill a hole all the way through one end of the PVC fitting and zip tie a fitting to each corner of the egg crate. Place the egg crate ( fittings down ) under your skimmer this will raise your skimmer up to the right water level.

Get some egg crate from Home Depot or Lowes and some 3/4" PVC coupling fittings, cut the egg crate to the foot print of your skimmer, drill a hole all the way through one end of the PVC fitting and zip tie a fitting to each corner of the egg crate. Place the egg crate ( fittings down ) under your skimmer this will raise your skimmer up to the right water level.
copy 10-4.i will run in the 10inches for a while tell i get to raise it, more so u think an inch deeper willl make a difference in the skim.thnax for the reply,

Last edited:
Ok fellow reefers everything has come together and the first fish have been added, two clowns,but the biggest one seems to be stressed it just sits on the sand almost looks dead until u get close to the tank and then he starts swimming to u, is this common? could i have to much flow?anyway here are some more pics of how my build has come out,that is her at the bottom or he..
IMG_20140612_171430.jpg
IMG_20140612_171449.jpg
IMG_20140612_171506.jpg
IMG_20140614_002859.jpg

Back