My First Reef Tank! Photos.. 46 gal Bow Front

kmckienz

Reefing newb
Ok, So I still haven't figured out the right settings to get cool photos but here are a few pictures of my new addiction.

tankshot1a.jpg

BlueTangandRavine.jpg

tankshot1zoom.jpg

BlueTangCoralandSnail.jpg

More to come when I get better at photos.

I am completely addicted to this hooby and I already have too many hobbies as it is....darn it!:mrgreen:

Good start. I personally would get rid of the fake fw plants. Sort of looks out of place on a reef.
Also, are you aware that your tank is wayyyyy to small for a hippo tang? It can get to be 14" and should be in nothing less than a 6' tank.

I am aware of the Hippo Tang size issue. I know several people who have them in small tanks. When he is getting close to being too big than I will figure it out then. I already have my space picked out for my next, bigger tank.

Nice tank, Capt has it right about the plant though other than that I dig it. Maybe replace the fake with some macro?

A new shot of one of my horses and a couple tank shots. I realize the fake plants look strange, but the LFS will not have good live plants for a little while. Once they do I will replace with live.

And hopefully my horses respect the hammer and frogspawn corals so as not to end up dead. We will see. I love them so I hope they continue avoiding them. (there has to be some instinct that tells them to stay away or else how the heck would any of them survive in the wild)

seahorse2.jpg

tankshotMarch30th2008.jpg

TankphotoMarch30th-Seahorse.jpg

your tank looks great keep up the good work with it. i used to have a couple kellog sea hourses and they ate frozen. but they got sucked up into my overflows.

Kathy your fake plants are done very tastfully they look good actually. The ponies look like HUGE specimens too. Very nice tank.

Lookin good! I always like the little baby hippos. they are awesome. Seahorses look good. Its definately a different tank... well except for the clowns ;) .

hmmm and your the one whos being insecure about being gay... are you just pointng fingers at me and my friend marco so you can conceal yourself???

Back