My first SW build.

arkansasboy

Reefer Wannabe
Okay, I have my tank. Not sure how many gallons it i s though since is a bowfront but it is 36"L- 16"W(at the bow) - 21"H.
It came with a CPR Aquatics wet-dry bio filter with the cyclone protein skimmer. I believe I am missing the pump to run the skimmer though and I dont quite understand the filter setup because their is a hole with a bulkhead fitting on the skimmer side but the water flows from there to the bio bale side with no hole for a return.
Also there a few items which I have no idea what their purpose is. I took some pics which I will try to upload so maybe someone can identify these pieces.
I will have to build a stand because the one that came with the tank will not fit the filter. Its a slow start but eventually there will be some water in this thing!
Well, no pics yet because I dont know how. Sad isnt it?

Here is the filter and yes, I have the collection cup in the wrong spot. Its dirty and needs a good cleaning.
band026.jpg

These are the parts that I dont know about. Can someone please identify them?
band025.jpg

Last edited:
That is a 46 bow, same tank i have. I would also not use the bio wheel, it will cause you more problems than its worth.
Thanks for the info and I think I am going to build an algae scrubber. My aunt has a 55gal freshwater so I think I will give it to her along with all of the extra cartridges.

I spent some time last night reading the thread by capt on building the scrubber and how to maintain it and I think thats going to be the way to go. I am going to have to build a new stand but thats not a problem and that way I will have plenty of room for the sump, pump and everything else to remain out of sight. I am so stinking pumped up right now to get started but I dont have money growing on trees here so patience is a must.

Just a quick update. I am about to start building the stand for my tank and I decided to make it to the dimensions of a 75 gallon, allowing room for upgrading later. I also just bought an overflow box (Aqualine) off of ebay so I can start some plumbing pretty soon. Its a slow process right now but its going to be worth it.

Back