My Fish Family

Matti

Reefing newb
Hi! I am Matti. I live in Ft Worth, Texas, and got into salt water husbandry to help me concentrate on something other than my health problems. I absolutely love the hobby!

I have two fish, Mac and Merri, both maroon and gold clownfish. Mac is the larger female and Merri is the smaller male. He/her who keeps sanity in the tank is The Wobbie, a rose bubble tip anemone. The Wobbie rules, and both fish cater to her/him! I also have 3 snails--so far the green one is the only one with a name: Roger. He likes the fish and to clean off the backs of the other snails. I just got 2 bumble bee crabs, and have 2 scarlet leg crabs too.
As far as the corals go, I don't know most of the names: star polyp, a orange and green zoo, a big chunk of green candy cane, and some kind of hard tan coral that grows in layers that are several inches apart. If and when all these things grow, the live rock will have more pizzaz. Oh, and I have an Aquapod 12 and stand. (I bought a chiller for it so that I could keep my temperature more like 78F than 81F. It was a pain to install. You really must have a dremmel to install it).

I wish corals were not so expensive. It would be nice if all of us could put up somewhere on this forum what we were looking for, willing to sell, buy, or trade for. A coral E-fish, rather than Ebay! Just a thought.

I have only had my fish and anemone since late January. I have had a few scarey moments, but thankfully I have some people at a couple of pet stores I can call in times of need.

Having too much trouble loading my pictures. Maybe later!

Matti

Last edited:
welcome Matti, sorry to hear about your health problems. Pets can be very good at aiding in overall health. I am glad you are enjoying the hobby as much as I am.

Back