My fish plans! Photos!

Don't worry -- the only live so deep where humans can't go down anyways, unless they are in a submersible :D. I would LOOOOOOVE to see one of those dudes in real life!

I just noticed that very first pic on the first page is the fish in Finding Nemo, hahahah.. I never knew that actually existed. Amazing

Those are all fish that really exist. It's extremely fascinating I think. In the deepest parts of the oceans, deep in the abyss, where there isn't even any sunlight, there are all sorts of strange fish. It's really amazing, scientists say they know more about the moon and outerspace, than they do our own oceans and it's deepest points. Of all the ocean on this earth, if I remember correctly, we have only discovered 2%. That leaves 98% of the oceans completely unexplored and untouched by human beings.

wow that has my intrest noe but the only thing i dont get is wouldnt those fish be crushed by the pressure

That's a good question. I'm not sure how they survive the pressure. Many of those creatures have bioluminescense features to help them mate and attract food. It's really cool. Bioluminescense is artificial light that is actually produced by cells in their bodies, such as that angler fish. There are trenches in the ocean floor that are miles deep that even submarines can't reach. But surprisingly, there is life down there.

Yep. They deal with the pressure because they have evolved that way. Life is found in the most extreme environments on earth. Even places where there is no oxygen, which completely redefines what scientists think is "life". That's why it's more commonly referred to as "life as we know it" because there are so many creatures that we are just now discovering that seem to break all the rules of what we thought was necessary for live to survive.

haha. yeah you can buy angerfish. I think they cost a pretty penny tho. They are so cute they are ugly! er I mean. So ugly they are cute!
Creatures of the Deep
There's a link with some links about those deep sea fishes if you want to look at some pictures and articles. Scroll down to the "Creatures of the Deep" links and you'll find some pictures of those creepy fish.

Back