My lil' 75 project!

JohnnyBoy

Reefing newb
Here's a thread to show you all what will soon be my lil' piece of ocean. This is a 75g that has been out of service for 4 years and was used for 2 years prior to that. The tank furniture was bought premade and all I had to do was stain it to my liking and I also added handles to the doors. It actually became storage as you can see after so much time of not being used:D Lighting consists of 10k daylight and actinic PC's.

The project officially started August 1st, 2008

Before starting:
DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Here are the handles I added:
DSC00020.jpg

Painting the background:
DSC00019.jpg

Decided to do PVC instead of flex hose. These are the pictures of the original idea. I had a 10g that I was planning on using as a Refugium along with the Wet/dry but that was scratched as it was a pain to get the water from the Refugium to the wet/dry:
DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Added water an salt to my mini ocean along with 80/lb of Arogonite and finished running wiring for the PC's:
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Shots of the new and final plan with the setup. Decided to use HD Rubbermaid tote (27 Quarts) and transferred water from there via bulkhead and hose. I went this route because no glass shops or LFS shops around here wanted to drill into my 10g tank:frustrat: Still have to add the Protein skimmer in my wet/dry, get a good bulb for the Refugium light and have some tidying up to do:
DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

I'm going to be posting up some pics for you guys on Friday night....maybe Saturday after all my rock comes in. I have 110/lb of base Fiji coming in and a few lbs of Fiji LR to seed the base. Thanks for the comments!

More updates!

Yesterday I got 4 really nice pieces that were from a 3 year old tank that was tore down. Going to use it to seed my base rock
DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

Under the light
DSC00148.jpg

FTS
DSC00150.jpg

And more:bounce:

UPS dropped by for a visit today with a gift in hand......what can it be?
DSC00158.jpg

ALRIGHT!! It's my base rock. Here's one half of the load
DSC00159.jpg

Here she is loaded. Still have more to add but the pieces are too big. Time for a hammer
DSC00162.jpg

Back