My little chunk of ocean! 210 Gallon Build

Moved my 75 into the 210 tonight.

Saltwater1220320.jpg

Saltwater1220321.jpg

Saltwater1220322.jpg

Saltwater1220323.jpg

Saltwater1220325.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. It felt like looking at someone else's tank when I was done I was absolutely impressed. I added a new addition on Friday night and that would be a 6212 Tunze wavebox. I am getting about a 1 inch wave, but I am still adjusting it and may get a little bigger .

Be careful with that wave box.I've heard stories of them eventually building up enough energy to blow the end glass out of the tank.

Where did you hear that Yote? I would maybe believe that in a smaller tank but mine is 7ft long.

There was a guy at the LFS talking about how his wave box kept building the wave untill it went over the top of the tank.I dont know how his tank was or what kind of wave box he had.Just over heard his conversation.

I pm'd a guy from Tunze about this. He explained that it can shorten the life of your tank up to 20%. Nothing has been tested just guesstamated. Basically you would take an average life span of 20 years on a tank which would be reduced to 16 years. Then he asked if I planned on having this tank that long. I thought about it and then thought how I will probably upgrade anyway sooooo. Doesn't bother me, I do appreciate you bringing that to my attention though. I hosted a pizza night last night for my club and now everyone wants a wavebox, LOL. Only one other guy in the club has one and he has the nano. I am getting almost a 2 inch wave now.

i think with waveboxes the life span of the tank wont really be reduced for most aquarists since most will either upgrade, downgrade or get out of the hobby all together before that tank reaches its 20 year (or 16 year) life span, what i would be more concerned about is if the stand can handle the wave and the constant weight distribution and the rocking of the tank

Back