my LR came with a stem looks like a plant stem

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
its coming out one of my LR it has what looks like small green grapes its aloe on the stem most of my LR came with small creatures one even came with a snail he's on my glass now hope he doesn't die and another came with a small baby red shrimp looking thingy he died on the way home. But anyway what's the stem with the grape looking thingy when I get home I'll try and get a pic of it

It is probably grape calurpa. People use it in their refugiums, but it can grow like crazy and be very hard to get off the rocks.

Caulerpa can develop what looks like a tap root that will penetrate below the surface of the rock and therefore it usually has to be removed several times before it gives up. I also have seen Caulerpa reappear months after its disappearance. It is persistent and you must be more persistent than it is if you want to be rid of it. It usually requires a 24 hour per day light cycle to keep it from going asexual. Even then it till colors your water, thereby requiring carbon use to remove the color, and the carbon use leaches phosphate which increases the macro algae growth (Caulerpa is a macro algae) and on and on.

Back