My Mini Coral Reef

Flipper

Reefing newb
My 90g was set up in Aug of 08. I used everything from a 75g I had before I moved to Illinois.

There is not much in it anymore. I gave away my coral when I moved. So I am ready to rebuild.

I had a bad hair algae problem that I now have under control, with the help of a Kole tang (a new addition) and my lawnmower blenny.

Here is what it looked like as a 75g- then the same stuff in new 90g

Feel free to comment

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 412
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 429
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 388
  • New Lights 09 005.jpg
    New Lights 09 005.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 352
  • New Lights 09 007.jpg
    New Lights 09 007.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 394
  • New Lights 09 003.jpg
    New Lights 09 003.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 654
Super nice.
Bet it wont take long untill you have that 90 full of corals.:D

Thank you, MONEY! That is the key to this hobby I have found. I keep buying stuff to upgrade and haven't bought the corals.

I have MH lighting now, instead of the Power compacts I had on the 75g. I also upgraded the 1 canister filter to using 2. So I can alternate cleaning and not loose my good bacteria.

I only added a few pieces of new rock. I want some realy colorful coral. any ideas are welcome.

If money is an issue, zoanthids are probably your best bet since they are super colorful, and you only need to buy a colony of a few since they grow and spread so fast.

If it was me I would ditch the cannister filters and do a wet dry. If you are in the market I plan on getting rid of my rena xp3 just let me know if you want a 3rd cannister.

If it was me I would ditch the cannister filters and do a wet dry. If you are in the market I plan on getting rid of my rena xp3 just let me know if you want a 3rd cannister.

LOL I don't think I could fit another. How does a wet/dry work? A sump isn't doable for me.

Forgive my lack of knowledge.

If money is an issue, zoanthids are probably your best bet since they are super colorful, and you only need to buy a colony of a few since they grow and spread so fast.

Hi,

Money is an issue for today. I have to spend on a skimmer. Mine bit the dust.

Last month I upgraded from Power Compacts to MH lighting. Now I have 2x175 14K NOW - I am happy!:bounce:

So as soon as I can quit buying equipment I can spend on corals. Since I upgraded form 75g to 90g, I just seem to keep going. :twocents::twocents::twocents::grumble:

However this gives me time to research and decide on what I want. Just like a new house you know, fills up fast so make sure you get what you really want.

I do have my eye on some real nice (bright blue /w yellow skirts) zoos. :mrgreen: I want something that is really going to pop under the new lights.

:bounce: I oredered some coral today, should be here Monday! Blue zoos, Fox coral and leather cabbage. An orange frilly sponge.

I traded my power compacts for a rock w/ 5 good sized Kenya trees and a couple of little ones, a hairy mushroom and a bunch of striped mushrooms.

I got an auto top off system and a new skimmer. Tank is gonna be beautiful again!:bounce:

right across from st. louis, there is a whole bunch of reefers and 8 different saltwater stores within 30 minute drive of st. louis, were pretty lucky down here.

right across from st. louis, there is a whole bunch of reefers and 8 different saltwater stores within 30 minute drive of st. louis, were pretty lucky down here.

St. Louis!!! You are far from me, LOL, so much for the hopes of swapping frags.

We have some saltwater fish stores around here, but the closest one has hair algae and I don't need any extra "hair" with my corals. I have enough greaf dealing with my own problems... I don't need to introduce anymore.

It is a shame too, they have the best selection. I order online allot. I make sure to order enough so I don't have to pay shipping.

When I get the new corals in I am going to post a new group of pictures.

Have you posted pics of your tank? I am going to go hunting to see if I can find one in your name, otherwise, what thread name is it under, so I can take a peek.

i'll post a link to my photobucket pics and my pics here in photo gallery, i do softies only for now. when i get bigger house i'm gonna do sps tank and softie tank.

Back