My nano oceans 91st day...

Homerrjsimpson

Reefing newb
Hello there, dear reefers.

Today added two clownfish and bubblue tip anemone, can You please identify it?

Here is the link on the new video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liONA49QVZU]Day 91 , added clownfish and bubble tip anemone - YouTube[/ame]

once again sorry for quality, language and so on :)

Have a nice day.

Arvis.

Also, your tank is really new for a nem. They need exceptional water quality that just isn't present in a new tank, no matter how scrupulous you are. New tanks are known for swings in parameters, and nems can't handle that. It's recommended to wait on a nem until the tank is a year old or so. By then most of the kinks are worked out and the swings level out. I would recommend returning the nem until your tank is more mature.

And +1 on the CUC. You really need that before you add any fish, so now that you have fish, the CUC is a must!

Good luck!

ANother question.... YOur water looks really cloudy to me. What is causing that??

and what are your parameters??

+++111 Sam. Take the Nem back. Sam is right. Your tank is way to young for a Nem.

ANother question.... YOur water looks really cloudy to me. What is causing that??

and what are your parameters??

+++111 Sam. Take the Nem back. Sam is right. Your tank is way to young for a Nem.

The cloudyness comes from HTC mobile phone :) ... My aquarium water is way more cleaner than the one I drink... :)

Amm, about nemos and stuff... Some people do the cycling process with nemos... So I`m not the worst case... About cleanum crew... I currently have blue legged hermit crab, because there wasn`t any need for cleanup crew....

One more thing, these are young nemo`s, there fore their body is more adaptive to changes, if there will happen any... I`m pretty sure, that they will be fine...

They are living as shitty life as I am , not everyone can live in a castle :)

Also, your tank is really new for a nem. They need exceptional water quality that just isn't present in a new tank, no matter how scrupulous you are. New tanks are known for swings in parameters, and nems can't handle that. It's recommended to wait on a nem until the tank is a year old or so. By then most of the kinks are worked out and the swings level out. I would recommend returning the nem until your tank is more mature.

And +1 on the CUC. You really need that before you add any fish, so now that you have fish, the CUC is a must!

Good luck!

Did You wait 1 year to let YOur first fish in?

The answer is no... :)

You people need to chill , they organisms aren`t that complex, and it`s not that I am torturing them by putting them in a slow boiling water.

There are lot of pods and worms in aquarium, so thats a good sign as well...

People in Africa live in conditions that they shouldn`t be able to survive, yet they do... So... should we bring back the african people to the stone age?

Okay for one they were talking about taking the bubble tip Anemone back not the "nemos". And for two they are CLOWNFISH not nemos. And third, if you can't provide what these animals need then don't have a saltwater tank. They need proper care and certain requirements.

Just bc African ppl survive in those conditions doesn't mean its good for them. It just means they are survivng. Not that they are healthy. So I'm very happy to see that you want your animals to just merely be able to survive in your tank. It's a aquarists goal to be able to keep animals healthy and happy. Not just to make sure that they stay alive. You have much to learn. When people on here comment on things they notice about others tank we are just trying to help inform you and help make your tank more successful.

Yeah, I think it was just a language barrier there. When we say "nem" we mean anemone. Anemones need a tank that is a year old. Not fish or "nemos" or clownfish. Just a misunderstanding :)
Thanks for posting your video, sorry if it feels like everyone was criticizing you, that's never a fun feeling.

Yeah, I think it was just a language barrier there. When we say "nem" we mean anemone. Anemones need a tank that is a year old. Not fish or "nemos" or clownfish. Just a misunderstanding :)
Thanks for posting your video, sorry if it feels like everyone was criticizing you, that's never a fun feeling.

It`s ok ! I thank for all your comments and especially the bad things...

Right. I wasn't referring to the fish! :D Nemos (clowns) are great starter fish! And they're probably really happy in your tank! The anemone (nem) is also looking great right now, but keep a really close eye on it. If it starts looking pale or withdrawn, get it out quick! Unlike a dying coral or fish, dying anemones release a ton of toxic nastiness which will kill off everything else in your tank. And since they are rather sensitive, demanding creatures, it doesn't take much of an upset to cause them to die.

If you are worried about the clowns being unhappy without an anemone, don't worry. Those little guys will host many, many different things, most of which won't kill off the entire tank if they don't do so well. Powerheads, corals, rocks, and heaters come to mind......

Just bc African ppl survive in those conditions doesn't mean its good for them. It just means they are survivng. Not that they are healthy. So I'm very happy to see that you want your animals to just merely be able to survive in your tank. It's a aquarists goal to be able to keep animals healthy and happy. Not just to make sure that they stay alive. You have much to learn. When people on here comment on things they notice about others tank we are just trying to help inform you and help make your tank more successful.

Yes, I will get snails as soon as I have time... probably on 23.january...

One more thing about clowns... They are bread in aquariums, they aren`t captured in wild as many other saltwater aquarium fish. For generations they have lived in aquariums and they have adapted, it`s evolution. So this kind of thing - as clowns too fast for young aquarium (4 months) is nonsense. For other fish, sure, that would be right, but not for this type of fish.

It`s the same as keeping mouse in special temperature.... Or feeding a rat special diet, that can be found in forests... They all are used to new conditions and it is in their genes. People forget about evolution and sometimes focus more on outdated or SERA provided books.

My brother has made many experiments with adaption (for his research work, he is a biologist) , so I know what I am doing.

Thank you for comments.

Right. I wasn't referring to the fish! :D Nemos (clowns) are great starter fish! And they're probably really happy in your tank! The anemone (nem) is also looking great right now, but keep a really close eye on it. If it starts looking pale or withdrawn, get it out quick! Unlike a dying coral or fish, dying anemones release a ton of toxic nastiness which will kill off everything else in your tank. And since they are rather sensitive, demanding creatures, it doesn't take much of an upset to cause them to die.

If you are worried about the clowns being unhappy without an anemone, don't worry. Those little guys will host many, many different things, most of which won't kill off the entire tank if they don't do so well. Powerheads, corals, rocks, and heaters come to mind......

Yes, I understand, thank You. Amm, about the anemone, as I TRIED to say on video, anemone was looking terrible when I got it from shop, looked like red worms, but after two hours it bubbled up, 4 times as it was ... So I don`t know, if it is a good sign or bad sign...

Maybe I;m way off base her Homer, but you don't come into someone else party so to speak and piss on the floor.

Everyone that gave you a suggestion was trying to help. I'm so far for an expert it's not even funny, but I join up here to learn and read and ask questions, Sure every answer I get may not be the one I want, but I run with it and research it and then make the final decision for my self.

Anyhow good luck with your tank and try to listen to people that's been doing it longer than we have, most of them will not steer you wrong.

Maybe I;m way off base her Homer, but you don't come into someone else party so to speak and piss on the floor.

Everyone that gave you a suggestion was trying to help. I'm so far for an expert it's not even funny, but I join up here to learn and read and ask questions, Sure every answer I get may not be the one I want, but I run with it and research it and then make the final decision for my self.

Anyhow good luck with your tank and try to listen to people that's been doing it longer than we have, most of them will not steer you wrong.

I ain`t pissing on floor... I said thank You for all the comments.

And yes they can help me , but not with adapting, because I said, my brother is biologist and has done numerous studies and experiments with adapting...

Thank You for YOur comment as well...

Its not the fish who have adapted to living in our aquariums, it is us who have adapted the proper ways to have them in our lives selfishly. While being selfish because it brings us joy and satisfaction, we adapt to make their living conditions as natural as possible.

Enjoy your nemo's......from experience I would recommend bringing the anemone back.

This thread is cracking me up. Who thinks to compare clownfish to starving Africans? LOL. Nice fish, by the way. I think your tank looks great. :)

This thread is cracking me up. Who thinks to compare clownfish to starving Africans? LOL. Nice fish, by the way. I think your tank looks great. :)

I used to be a funny guy, but then i grow up :( ...

And the tank isn`t in its best shape, because currently it doesn`t have sump or refugium, so thats kinda sad, but I will fix that in the closest future, so I can take out all the unnesecary stuff, like heater, protein skimmer and filter.... Oh, and in the video You didn`t see my light setup, because then You would be laughing really, really hard..

You don't really have to have a sump or fuge for a small tank. I just hide my heater behind the rocks. What do you have for lighting?

Back