my new 120

here is a lil tip you can run the pc into 50/50 bulbs for the one row, and the second row have it in Actinics.

but possiblity convert your HQI's into a 150 watt 20K blue to support the deepwater corals. sometimes it is nessesary to slowly bring some blue to the system, instead of providing more of the 10K-13K specturm.

here is a lil tip you can run the pc into 50/50 bulbs for the one row, and the second row have it in Actinics.

but possiblity convert your HQI's into a 150 watt 20K blue to support the deepwater corals. sometimes it is nessesary to slowly bring some blue to the system, instead of providing more of the 10K-13K specturm.

for example:

Wavelets on the water surface act like a lens and focus the lights causing glitter lines. These beams provide a strobe effect that increases the light intensity illuminating the bottom. Briefly countering the attenuation of light with depth. They have been measured as having up to twice the intensity of light incident on the water surface. The effect requires a point of light, such as a sunm metal halide, HQI or halogen lamps. etc etc...
Reflected up off a white sandy bottom they also illuminate the undersides of a reef ledge.

Hope all this can help the theory of light illumination.

PM me if you have sum question

but isn't 20k slow down the growth of the corals? i want them to grow as much as they can especially them zoas and sps.

i've seen sum in several of my friends tanks. and boy they are like a singing choir la la la the intensity that the bulbs produce can sometimes regenerate the coralite back to its natural colors

:bounce: it wil slow down the growth, but their are two parts in keeping the reef. 1 is how much light you have and two how long are your photoperiods?

20ks definatly bring out the color. most brands are alittle to blue. yes it will slow the growth. it is really a preference of what your goals are. 20k can be beutiful, also they cut down on the growth of algae. Ive been very satisfied with my 14k hamiltons. they have plenty of blue for color and still have the growing capabilities. hope this helps

ok i will try my 20k bulbs for maybe 2-3 weeks and see what happens, otherwise i'll start looking for 14k bulbs.

new pictures

sory for the picture quality....will do better next time.:D
P1010033.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010007.jpg

skimmer day 1
P1010053.jpg

day 2
P1010048.jpg

day 3