my new 120

i should post my water param here too, right?:sfish: :question: :Cheers: :mrgreen: :shock: :grumble:

salinity 1023 (usually maintain this at 1024)
calcium 420
alkalitnity 2.5meg/L
pH 8.0
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20 (finally, it's been in the 50's or higher before i switched my fuge to plenum)

don't have test for mag,phos and others which i know i should test them too.

I was just curious Im fixing to get a 125 and it comes with ice cap 660 and I didnt know what else I would need for it to reach its full reef potential.

IMO T5 gets the color out of your corals and grows faster but i like the shimmer the halides are putting out. i've seen tanks runnig on T5' and they sps grows fast but he couldn't keep his zoas. he used to have a lot of different zoas but lost them when he swich to T5's from PC. the only zoas that survived in his tank are the pink colored ones and they grow fast. JMO

My zoas don't grow as well as my other corals under the T5s either, come to think of it. I never thought it might be connected to the lights, and it may just be a coincidence, but then again I don't have any other good reason why they don't grow as well as the other critters...

but there are some reefers that claim that their softies and zoas do weel under T5. but as what i have observed on my friends tank, i won't go T5 all the way. i only have it for supplemental lights as what i have now. and once again, this is JMO

i added more fish to my tank. here's a 2 of them, will post of the third on a clown tang(2 inch), when he decides to come out in the open:mrgreen:
DSC00419-1.jpg

DSC00424-1.jpg

DSC00425-1.jpg

and some of my new sps
DSC00437-1.jpg

DSC00438-1.jpg

DSC00426-1.jpg

DSC00407-1.jpg

DSC00409-1.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

and a full tans shot
DSC00482.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

here's the clown tang and some full shot. sory for the cloudy water, just did a weekly maintenance
DSC00420-1.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

some of my rics
DSC00461-1.jpg

and a zoa
DSC00457-1.jpg

more nice pics, what does your sump look like, and what kind of equipment you runnin were are those pics i wanna see what make your tank look good

i have a 30 gal sump/fuge with chaeto. fuge is a plenum(total of 6 inches sand bed) running a aqua c ev-180 skimmer pumped by a mag 12. that is what my filtration. nothing else. everytime i do maintenance, i wrap my power head with filterfloss for a day to help clear the water with debris floating in the tank. it's kinda hard to get a pic of the sump but i will get a snap of it this weekend.

Back