My new coral purchases

purple leaf plate montipora cap
purple millepora
purple poccilopora
green birdsnest
green millepora
and a purple tipped branching hammer

The first 5 are smaller frags (about 2" each) and the hammer is about
2 1/2" across. It wasnt too badly priced either. Altogether I paid $150.

The frag packs were $25 each or 5 for $100. That is a better deal than what I saw on Liveaquaria.com and at least I was able to pick the frags that I wanted.

They came from T&T Fish and Coral on Hwy 6 in Houston, TX

2 inch frags are on the bigger end of the spectrum, if you wanna talk about small corals, tyree came out with a new coral that is 150 bucks for a single coralite!

useless_without_pics.gif

hehe :)

Vet,
The rule on this site is you cant say "I got something new" unless you can take a picture of it. Now you know and we expect some picts soon. :)

I know, but I cant get highspeed out in the boonies....have you ever tried uploading a pic on dial-up...hahah...it takes forever. I will try to upload them at work tomorrow.

Here ya go.

Attachments

• DSCN0852.jpg
    DSCN0852.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN0862.jpg
    DSCN0862.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0853.jpg
    DSCN0853.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN0854.jpg
    DSCN0854.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0855.jpg
    DSCN0855.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN0857.jpg
    DSCN0857.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0858.jpg
    DSCN0858.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
im going to assume since he has MH's he is doing it for light acclimation

Thats correct dustin....the LFS had them under 1/2 the MH wattage as what I have and I wanted to acclimate them for a few days before I start to move them up.

The sand is really clean because of my yellowhead goby......sometimes he causes sand specs in the water but it's not that bad. I use my scraper on the glass everyday to keep the glass clean also.

also if you look at the top right of this pic you can see the small purple mat of my green star polyp and I think my little Fishers Angel may be nipping at it because it has not opened in about 5 days

Being you have a goby that moves the sand around, keep in mind sand covering the SPS (like on the purple cap) will kill them. The 1 on the far left looks buried past the plug. If it was encrusted to the plug, all that will die under the sand. Just keep an eye on them and blow off any sand that settles on them.

Pygmy angels are nippers for the most part. Some like soft coral, some like hard coral, some like clams and sometimes you get lucky and they won't bother anything.

Back