Some more shots: Heres The Blues:
worm-zoos.jpg

Pegasus waiting for dinner:
worm-pegasus.jpg

Sabriel: This fish is pure evil:
worm-sabriel.jpg

Blue Shrooms and Xenia:
worm-batch-shroom-zenia.jpg

Sorry to break it to ya, but those aren't corals. Those are worms!

Christmas tree worms. Good luck, they are known to be very hard to keep!! But they sure are beautiful. You got super lucky with those colors, amazing looking.

The worms just don't live very long. Probably because they can't be fed properly. The porites (the coral the worms live in) should do fine, but needs lots of light. It is an SPS coral.

Now that I took a better look at it, do I see lots of bleaching in it? It should not be white colored. It should be tan like a few small parts look to be.

Last edited:
The worms just don't live very long. Probably because they can't be fed properly. The porites (the coral the worms live in) should do fine, but needs lots of light. It is an SPS coral.

Now that I took a better look at it, do I see lots of bleaching in it? It should not be white colored. It should be tan like a few small parts look to be.

It's getting good light. The rock is mostly white/gray with a few tan spots. If it needs a lot of light, how could it be bleached? Can I fix this? Maybe it needs to go back to my LFS?

thanks ccapt

Catherine

Thanks cCapt, my coral is about 6"x6" it has an interesting shape. I bought it because of the color of the worms, bright blue, yellow and red. I paid 40.00 for it. The front is mostly tan but the sides and back are white. Is there anything I can do to keep the tan? Is there any way I can bring the white back? I love the shape of the rock part. Would love to encourage more worms but the rock is awesome too.

C

sounds like the "tan" part is where it has browned out at the LFS from lack of light and then the bleaching is die off, you can save it but itll be an up hill battle at the rate of the bleaching. just give it great water quality and good lighting but dont over blast it with light early on, you need to light acclimate it

Dustin has you covered. I fell like i am repeating myself in every post, o wait i am repeating myself. Go dustin!! Also Biff and ccCapt have you covered also. Have to give credit to all the people in this forum. You guys have helped me out so much in this hobby. If i didnt have all you guys here, I would have made some bad purchases!

Last edited:
My porites w/ worms rock was yellow when I bought it, turned brown under my pc's, and colored up to a nice neon green with awesome polyp extension under 250w halides. These definitely need moderately intense lighting to thrive.

My porites w/ worms rock was yellow when I bought it, turned brown under my pc's, and colored up to a nice neon green with awesome polyp extension under 250w halides. These definitely need moderately intense lighting to thrive.

How long did your worms survive?

C

Some lived 2 yrs until I got my copperbanded butterfly.:(
A few of them died in the first weeks, they crawled out of their hole and died on the sandbed. Now the porites have grown over all the worm holes and is battling with coralline algae for growth on the rock.

Back