my new duncan frag

grdpder

Reefing newb
I'm excited. I just got this duncan frag...got it for $18.00, $9.00 a head. I purchased it from Ocean Marine Sales, a new LFS, located in Glendora, CA. The store is awesome and is unique the way the layout of the store is set up. The store is own by a husband and wife couple. They just opened the store in Dec 2012.

The below pic is what I took with my i{Phone

Attachments

• duncan frag.jpg
    duncan frag.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 422
Congrats! They will grow and grow quickly! I started off with a 4 head piece 2 years ago and have probably 16 heads all around now.

Pretty! Looks very similar to the variety I have. Under good conditions, they do multiply quickly, like Cathic said. I started with five heads and have over twenty heads now in about a year. :)

They look awesome. I just got mine a few weeks ago and just love watching them. I feed mine directly some Mysis a couple times a week. It'sw growing like a weed.

Thanks everyone. I target fed them some Mysis shrimp and they had a feast. Both of them grab on and devour what they took in. Today they opened up real well. They look happy.

So, when other heads come out, do they split or what happens? Can I put a small piece of LR by it and the new head(s) will eventually move there on its own? Sorry for stupid questions....new to SPS, LPS. Just got some additional LED for my tank. I've been keeping softies, zoas and mushrooms only...

Thanks in advance.

David

The new heads will grow out of the stalk. A lot of times they will form right next to your other heads. They don't spread to other rocks like zoas, GSP or various other corals. The only stupid questions here are the ones you don't ask:mrgreen:

Back