My New Paired Clowns!!!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Just in case no they are not Paired Clowns as in a species. Again just in case someone may get the wrong idea.

So I got these today and they are fab. They are paired and have mated and had eggs.

They are about 4 years old and the female is roughly 4-4.5 inches and the male is 2.5-3.

I paid $80 for them. They had a younger paid but I have Damsels and wanted to get bigger ones. Plus my Eel won't bother them for now I hope.

So they were acclimated for about 1:30-1:45ish but the whole time they wanted out of the bag and in the tank. I purchased Mysis Shrimp(SP) for them.

I fed the rest of the tank prior so they wold be better off but it is almost like they are veterans. They never seemed scared and are swimming around like nothing. They did eat but would chase the food and spit it out. I tried the shrimp, angel/butterfly and they seemed to like the seaweed stuff from Instant Ocean but still the female spit most out.

No matter where I put my face to look in the both kept coming right to me. I was like uh... hello. They were owned by someone else who traded them at the store. I think they were there for 2 weeks.

They look so bright and nice and happy a of now. I could have saved $10 for 2 wilds as big as the male but I just loved these so much. They had another pair but they were tiny and 1 year old. Probably Eel food.

So I snagged a huge Zoa for $15. It is like Hulk Green and a red Mushroom to pep up the tank. These Clowns are like BAM!!! in there.

I shot a cheap 5 mintue vid I may post.

I normally make videos but have ZERO time to cut and put music. One day since my tank is so young and the corals so little.

NOTE: If you notice in the pic the females center band does not go all the way around. I love it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 463
Thanks a lot all of you!

Here is a link to my crappy vid. It is an awesome HD vid but not for on here. File was 1Gig for 5 min. It is only 62MB but I didn't want a cruddy video. I could have compressed it and made it worse or worked to get it nice but no time now.

FISH TANK 1

I just shot it quick with no tri-pod and my daughter jumping on me a little.

One day when the tank is grown and full I will use all my equipment to make a good vid with music.

Last edited:
They look cool! Just rember they have the same anniversary as the Royal Couple!

I was wondering about that open brain in pic 4, should it not be on the sandbed?

Yes it should be but it isn't just yet. I haven't yet pick permanent locations for all the corals and I left it wedge inbetween the rocks for now. It will go where the big shell on the left is when I move it.

The rest are probably near where they will be except for.the three mushrooms and the zoa. I will be moving them in about a week.

I guess gluing them in is why I haven't moved them yet. Just hate to change my mind plus I want just a few other corals and then I can try to place them permanently.

I agree your tank looks really nice I love all the rock work you have! I just ordered some more dry rock since my last attempt at fresh live rock came with nothing but unwanted creatures LOL

Love the new guys and I hope Mr Eel behaves glad you decided to keep him.

Love it. Can't wait til mine looks like that. And the clowns are gorgeous. I want a pair someday. Right now I just have a small maroon. Hopefully someday I'll be able to get him a partner and they wont kill each other lol

Thanks but my tank is only 4 months old and this is how it looks already.

I will be moving into a 180Gal as soon as I can find a good deal.

I would keep people updated but not many would be too interested as there are many nice tanks around here.

It all started looking better after I added the corals and the fish haha. The rocks are just full of barnacles and stuff so they enhance the tank a lot.

Back