^$&^$&^$ - My new picasso clown jumped!

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
Hi all....

Well some of you might remember my bluespot jawfish jumped out a month or so ago... (This was with a crazy lid I should mention (egg crate with mesh on top))

Well....since he passed I decided to go lid less. My corals were loving it...and well simply said I didn't think I had to worry about any of my remaining fish jumping.

To continue on... I originally had 2 Picassos but one had died on arrivial...I searched for 6 months...finally found one and have had him for about 1.5 months...and poof.....

TODAY HE JUMPS OUT..... Worse....my cat found him and decided he made a good play toy. :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

Super annoyed at the moment but honestly....I can only blame myself for taking the lid off.

Just had to rant all..... thanks for letting me

Man, that's rough....in the heart and the wallet! Everyone does things that they beat themselves up later. Even fish that are not jumpers can get spooked enough to jump. You just never know, really. I think my ocellaris was a jumper...i don't know how else he had ended up in my hob overflow a year ago; tank had a glass lid, and a small gap in the back; no other way to get into the overflow's teeth except the back.

It's too bad you don't live around here, there's a breeder here that's selling picasso's for $10 each

Picasso's seem to be more apt to jumping than normal clowns. According to my LFS they jump quite commonly. I tend to believe him because both of mine jumped. 200 bucks for fish jerky.

Ouch, sorry Koda!
My Tomato clown jumped recently, but i found him after i stepped on him. He's ok still ok though.

Hate to hear that Koda.In this hobby,its not really a matter of IF a fish is gonna jump.Its a matter of WHEN.

Is there anythig in your tank that could have startled it? Jumping is usually a defense mechanism in the wild. Maybe the lights turning on in the morning did it?

Sorry to hear about your loss though.

To recap....
Bought 2 picasso's one died within a few hours.. waited 6 months to find a replacement... he jumped....

Well... the 3rd Picasso...is now swimming nicely in the tank.

My LFS sent in the photo of my existing Picasso and they even were nice enough to try and match it up.

I'll get a photo tomorrow after the lights go on.

Back