my old friend is back

qxcontinuum

Reefing newb
My old friend brown algae is back and he brought another friend, green algae. Now they are hanging out together making my life miserable.:frustrat:
Two weeks after red slime remover treatement everything was perfect and the glass didn' t required any cleaning now i must o it twice daily .

But here is something interesting, in the night time before the lights going off, the crushed coral bottom is brown. During the night time i have a true actinic set up. In the morning entire floor is white again and stays like that a few hours.
How is that possible, could the blue light remove the algae ?

I bought of ebay some great cheap stuff:

"Granular Ferric Oxide" the perfect suff for removing phosphates which are always present in my tank because of algae and grass die off. :frustrat:
I've seen worse cases to some other people and they were having sumps and all stuff.
Well my tank has 3 months now and i guess it's normal. :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

What a sump/fuge does is create a a better area for algea to grow. You put some macro algea in there and that will eat up all the phosphates and nitrates before the nuiscance algea can get it in the main display tank. Then when that macro algea starts growing, you remove part of it and in that way, you remove the nutrients that it had taken up.

"My old friend is back."

Sorry qx I thought you got your period or a social disease when I saw this thread. Glad to know it just algae. :)

"My old friend is back."

Sorry qx I thought you got your period or a social disease when I saw this thread. Glad to know it just algae. :)

oh no,but i must maintain this tank good , my wife is having orgastzm everytime seeing it , that way i am saved by doing extra work :mrgreen:

Back