My pipes started scrapping today

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
So I get home from work and the pipes are going around and around in circles and I think aww look how cute maybe they are doing a mating dance??

NOT they are biting the crap out of each other and now one of them has a dent it its tail.

I was easily able to catch it and have it in a separate bucket now but I am not sure about putting it in the reef or not.

I do have the 2 condy anemones but they sit right together on the rock and none of my fish have had any issues with them before.

I dont know if I should put it back in the seahorse tank and let them fight or hope they will stop or go ahead and put it in the other tank.

Any ideas??

i think one will be fine in your reef tank, i dont want to see them fight either. Although its odd that they are fighting, usually pipes do better in a group

Well I left the damaged one out for about an hour, fed the tank then tried to put it back in and immediately they started biting again. I fished out the mean one and I am acclimating it to the reef.

UGH this tank was supposed to be horses and pipes I dont want it in the reef. How annoying.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I didn't think they fought. I don't see it being a problem having one in your reef tank.

Back